Monday, March 22, 2010

A month, a month!

It'll be a month in two days. Over the past couple weeks, things have settled from turbulent to mundane without me realizing it. I finally got a job, only to realized that I didn't have two forms of ID with me, so I can't start until next Monday. That's okay. More video game time for me. What kind of job is it, you ask? I'll give you a hint. Whaling boats. Extreme leftism. The constantly wafting scent of patchouli.

That's right; good ol' Chris Wood is working for Greenpeace. I get to stand on a street corner for six hours a day and try to get suckers to sign up for monthly donations of $30 or some crap. The woman who interviewed me said that she was impressed by my energy and passion for the environment. Guess which half of that was me using my super ultra BS-ing skills because I really needed a job?

Let's just say that I'd be passionate about eating elephant dung if it paid $12 an hour plus performance bonuses. Needless to say, I hope my business takes off pretty soon. The website is (finally) almost done, we finally got crap squared away with our distributor, and we might have a big job coming up with my mom's company. The profits from that will either allow us to take out a small loan in order to begin an internet advertising campaign, or pay our rent. Whichever is more important.

Nah, we probably won't use any of that for personal stuff. I bet we'll go to a nice restaurant to congratulate ourselves, but I'll guarantee that 90% of the profits will go back into Saiki.

By the way, does anyone need a computer? ;-D

On the personal front, there haven't really been any developments. There are a surprising lack of stores where geeks just hang out. The two dudes I saw wearing shirts with comic characters on them were 400 pounds and speaking Korean. Man, San Francisco is weird. There's an anime con coming up in two weeks, and I intend to fill my little black book in the one day that I'm there. I NEED some geek interaction. Perry's pretty cool, but he doesn't play Magic. It's nice to have different persepectives now and then.

Charles the Homeless dude is still hanging out on our street. He gave Perry and I some strip club discount cards from an immense stack that he had somehow accumulated. That was a little weird. Also his favorite Blade movie was the third one. Questionable at best. I hope he's not a cereal killer.

lol, cereal.

I know I've been saying that I'll upload pictures and video. I'm gonna. I promise. It's really a whole lot of work. I'll have some up within the next week, I swear.

I still miss you all. Everybody who has ever influenced me, or taught me, or made me laugh and cry is back there in Maine. Everything here is so big, it's hard to focus and take it all in. Every once in a while, when I see a huge building or beautiful view, I have to remind myself, "I live here." It still feels like a vacation, and I could go home anytime.

Catch ya later.
-Woodstar

P.S. No urfkwakes yet. Keep your fingers crossed.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a cereal killer. I like to do it in the morning with cutlery.

    ReplyDelete